More

Winfield Mule Cars and Street Cars





 
A view of a vanishing trail, last trip of mule car to College Hill, May 6th 1909
Taken at Ninth Avenue at the east side of the Mo. Pac. R'y track. The four men standing at the rear of the car are Col. E.C. Manning (with white hat), the founder of Winfield, Hon. E.P. Greer, the publisher of the Winfield Courier: S.E. Compton, the owner of the old car line, and Robert E. Farnsworth. The group of young ladies are students at the M.E. College, located on the hill at the east side of Winfield.


Mule Cars on College Hill ran from 1886 to 1909


Winfield Trolley in front of Bank enterance 9th and Main looking north toward Baden's
Note: Free Press Sign, State Bank, Window in State Bank says Dr. Emerson. c1888




Trolley Winfield Kansas


Union Railway Company Barn, near Island Park. Copied from 1901 Courier


Trolley


Winfield Street Car


Winfield Trolley System




Ninth and Main, Mule Cars


The Winfield Electric Trolley


Electric Car


Winfield Kansas Electric Car




Mule Carline, driver Bert Wicker


The last trip May 17, 1909. Started 1887




The new Inter-Urban, Winfield to Arkansas City


First photograph of First car arrived June 14, 1909




Brettun Hotel


All Aboard for Arkansas City


Looking west on Ninth Ave.


First load in the new Trolley Cars June 7, 1909 Hackney Kansas
Conductor is Lester Richardson (not in picture) Left to Right: Markum Boys, Inez Beach, Mytrle Muret, Lotie Markum, Addie Fisher, Katherine Markum, Ruby Markum, Standing Mr. Fisher


George Mattison, Motorman on steps, Walter Hodge with foot on step, other unknown








 

Go Top





Last Updated 09/21/2019 11:12:38 PM